Text messages in wrong order.Support

Last Updated:

1. DarkManX4lf

DarkManX4lf Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

There is something wrong with my text message inbox. When i receive a text message and reply to it, my message comes up before the one I received even though I sent it after....does anyone else experience this?

Advertisement
  2. Spincycle76

Spincycle76 Member

I have had this happen sometimes when I am roaming, where they get all mixed up.

3. DarkManX4lf

Hmmm.....i haven't been in the areas where I have to roam in a while. My issue happens when I am on the Sprint network.

4. SteveChiller

SteveChiller Well-Known Member

that's been happening to me too

5. MrX8503

MrX8503 Well-Known Member

Dang, that sucks.

I thought the threaded msg's getting mixed up was only a WinMo thing. I was hoping that Android didnt have this problem.

6. myersn024

myersn024 Well-Known Member

I'm seeing this occasionally when I text my bank account to get my bank balance. All other texts are coming through in the proper order.

7. Dracostian

Dracostian Active Member

I have had it happen, too. It's only happened twice so far, so I haven't been able to discern any noticeable pattern in it. It does not happen on the vast majority of texts, though. One minor pattern, the two times it has happened the person responded the same minute that I messaged, and it re-arranged them so that the other person's message was first. Don't know if that's the same on your device, but it could just be a time-stamping issue.

8. DarkManX4lf

That's what I noticed too. If I send a message and receive a message in the same minute it will order the last one sent/received on top...

I remember the same issue on the Touch Pro 2.

I'm gonna try with Handcent SMS....I'll post with results.

9. jimbomcgommy

jimbomcgommy Member

Its a problem with the Network. That happened to me a ton on my Instinct and I got a replacement phone. Still happened. Turns out like I said a network issue confirmed by Sprint. It will go away.

10. splattered

splattered Member

Yeah messages have been coming to my phone in mixed order since i got the phone... the pre worked flawlessly in that respect.

11. stevewri

stevewri Member

Same problem here. The text messages timestamp I recieve are always 1 hour ahead of the actual time. There for the phone does not put them in the correct order. Very annoying. This is the only issue I have with my phone.

12. DarkManX4lf

Just reporting back with results with handcent sms. With handcent my messages are displaying in the correct order....so I am assuming there is something wrong with the HTC messaging app..

13. jjl1968

jjl1968 New Member

Check your GPS location. I live in the Eastern Time Zone but the GPS showed me as in Chicago which is 2 hours west of me. That was causing my phone to toggle back and forth between eastern and central time. When it showed me in Central time all of my texts were coming in the wrong order because it showed my received texts in Eastern Time but my sent texts in Central time. I change my time and date from "network based" to "device based" and this hasn't happened since.

14. DarkManX4lf

No my location is fine ..I just think there is something wrong with the HTC messenger ....with handcent I have not had any issues with the order of messages

15. coolguy949

coolguy949 Well-Known Member

Any update on this? I noticed this last night after having a large SMS conversation with a friend. Everything was out of order.

16. Traelyn

Traelyn Well-Known Member

I've been getting this problem.

But, I'm not sure what it is.

17. rebelkc

rebelkc Active Member

I am having this issue but it only seems to happen on long threads?

18. JoshUng

JoshUng Well-Known Member

I imagine it must be. I haven't had the exact same problem the OP had, but if I am sent a couple messages in a row, they show up in the order they were sent, not the order they were received, which apparently isn't always the same.

It only happened to me once, but it does get a little confusing when you get a notification for a new text, then don't see any, until you scroll up and search. I'm sure if I went through the notifications menu it would have pulled up right away, but I didn't even know it was an issue then.

19. mpw

mpw Well-Known Member

I have this problem with Handcent on my Hero, usually from one particular contact on a non-UK network. I've had similar problems for years on various handsets and SMS programs. It would appear to be down to the time-stamp/zone of the network from where the SMS originates, and is compounded by switches in in daylight saving times etc. I know some handsets are set to take their time from the network; and will show as 1200hrs allowing for BST, but the time-stamp will be GMT.

20. hendodo

hendodo Well-Known Member

Had the same issue...Get chompsms or handcent in the market...

21. novarider

novarider Well-Known Member

I have handcet and get this every once in a while. I have sent a text at 12:30 in the afternoon and the phone I sent it to said it was set at 7:00 pm

22. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

The problem is that the texts are hitting different servers and sometimes different servers have different submission queues and times. For example a text sent through servers with less traffic all the way through are instantaneous. Text sent through a server at or above capacity gets rerouted, sometimes several times, before going through.

I've noticed pattern-wise that it has a lot to do with when and where texts are coming from. My texts from central (call it non-metro/rural) NJ are always immediate. Texts that I send while in NYC or northern NJ during peak commute times in the morning and evening tend to occasionally hit out of order. I can send two texts back to back from the train and one will go immediately while the other can come in 5-10 mins later. The delays only seem to happen north of New Brunswick where the population density in NJ skyrockets compared to the Princeton area.

23. dashtk

dashtk New Member

I have exactly the same problem as Dracostian except it is not intermittant. It happens every single time I reply to a text within the same minute.

The other issues people have been reporting in this thread with time stamps showing up wrong are not related to this.

I am running Android 2.3.5 on a Desire HD on the Orange UK network, but i am sure this is an issue with software, not network. It started happening sudenly when it had been fine before.

EDIT: Having read another thread I have reset set the time manually on my phone and corrected as it was out by 1 min, then set it back to use network provided values again. Thinking about it the issue only occured after my phone seemed to lose a load of settigns recently such as the background and the time changed to be completely wrong, but that seemed to have fixed itself after I restarted the phone. I will ahve to wait and see.

24. natig103

natig103 New Member

My Samsung Transform Ultra is about a year old and this morning it started changing the order of my messages. Its all jumbled up but mine are grouped together and so are the others. Please help.

25. dashtk

dashtk New Member

After changing the time and restarting the phone the issue still remains. Help! :(