Text Messages Not Recieved

Last Updated:

1. smithy0387

smithy0387 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, Im guessing this has been posted in many place's but I cant see for looking. I have a HTC hero unlocked, using an Oragne sim card. This happened 3 times in the past 4 days that I know of and I am not recieving text messages. I was using Chomp SMS as my text program but now uninstalled that hoping it may fix it.
    Please can anyone offer me any info or point me in the right direction where to find it so I can sort this issue out.

p.s I power cycle my phone daily, this does not solve the issue or then send me the missed texts. Thanks

Advertisement
  2. elektrobix

elektrobix Well-Known Member

Are your messages still not coming through since uninstalling Chomp? I use Handcent SMS but quite often it tells me it's failed to send a message (even though it's sent) or sometimes people aren't receiving picture texts. I think most replacement SMS apps can be a bit unstable :/

3. smithy0387

smithy0387 New Member This Topic's Starter

I will wait and see, but I did leave both apps running, so i'd get two notifications when I recieved a text. This is why I'm not sure this will be the fix, im guessing there is no official response on the issue. Thanks

4. Elpelco

Elpelco Well-Known Member

I had a problem with my Hero not recieving text messages. I think it's something to do with the firmware. The problem stopped after I rooted my phone. For the time being, I suggest the sms to mailbox app; it sends your sms to your email, and it worked for me. it's only a stopgap; it snags all the messages you miss.