• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Text messages not showing on Edge screen

Mike4619

Lurker
Aug 25, 2015
I am hoping someone has some good insight to help me here because I absolutely LOVE the Note Edge phone. I have been extremely frustrated with it though.

About a month ago I did an update on my phone and since then there have been a few quirky things happening. For starters, the headphone icon will be on even when the headphones have been un-plugged. The same thing goes for the S pen. For both, if I insert the things back in and pull them out, the icons will eventually disappear.

My biggest source of irritation is that my text messages don't show up on the edge screen anymore. If I am watching videos or anything like that, the messages just don't appear like they used to. Which is beyond maddening because that was one of the selling points of this phone.

Is anyone else having this problem. I have searched for a long time and can't find anything. Is there something that got turned off somehow? I really don't want to do a factory reset either. Thanks for any advice.

Try a cache partition wipe before resorting to a factory reset:
https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-14759

Unlike a master reset, wiping the cache partition does not delete your personal data.

To wipe the cache partition, follow these steps:
  1. Turn the device off.
  2. Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time:
    • Volume Up key
    • Home key
    • Power key.
  3. When the phone vibrates, release the Power and Home key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key. This step may take several seconds.
  4. When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up keys.
  5. Press the Volume Down key to highlight 'wipe cache partition.'
  6. Press the Power key to select.
  7. When the wipe cache partition is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
  8. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones