Text messages on MTSupport

Last Updated: 2011-12-31 13:46:25
  1. ShellbeeAlyssa

ShellbeeAlyssa New Member

Okay, so why does it convert to a mms message when it goes over 160 characters?
    On my optimus v i was able to type like 5 pages before it sent it as a mms.
    Is there anyway to change it? or any good apps that aren't like that? because it really bugs me.

Advertisement
  2. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles VIP Member

Most 3rd party messenger apps (Handcent, GoSMS, etc.) will allow you to split text messages over 160 characters. That is also available on some of the custom ROMs.
    hopefulcynic and ohno900 like this.
  3. ohno900

ohno900 Member

There isn't a way to remove the auto MMS from the stock app? If not then, oh well, 3rd-party app it is.
  4. Cheechmo

Cheechmo Well-Known Member

Not sure if it's the same on stock Froyo or not, but in CM7 you can go into the stock messaging app, hit menu, then settings, and you have an option there for SMS split.
  5. JokaLo

JokaLo Well-Known Member

When mine was made to not split messages would have problems sending
  6. ohno900

ohno900 Member

Dang, another good reason to install CM7 onto my phone.

Yeah, stock Froyo messaging thing does not have this option. Using Messagecent at the moment.
  7. JokaLo

JokaLo Well-Known Member

GoSms was my fav most reliable 3rd party app
  8. pbf98

pbf98 Well-Known Member Contributor

I think you'll find that Go SMS will do exactly what you need and more. But to send larger messages you need to make sure you do enable splitting large messages up
  9. Verja

Verja Well-Known Member

I just got GoSmS (was having MMS troubles) and it's great. Does exactly what I want and has a lot of features some people might really want.

Deff recommend it.