Text messages out of orderSupport

Last Updated:

1. myoung84

myoung84 New Member This Topic's Starter

I have an issue on my new Captivate where the text messages don't appear in order. It seems it only sorts them by a minute time stamp versus seconds. It's not an issue if they are more than a minute apart, but if I get a text say at 4:30:01 and send a reply at 4:30:15 and get a reply back at 4:30:45, it will put my outgoing text on top followed by the 2 text I received below that. Where it should be received text, reply text, and receive text. Not sure if that made sense or not, but if you were to number them 1,2,3 in order of actual time, it's listing them in 2,1,3 order.

It's not a huge deal but it's annoying to me. My iPhone did not do this. Is there a fix for this?

Advertisement
  2. rFlux

rFlux New Member

Having the exact same problem, except all texts I receive are stamped as five hours behind the real time. VERY frustrating. I'm using an unlocked AT&T Captivate on Rogers in Canada, running JH7, the newest 2.1 version of Android. If any of that could matter.

3. greystealth

greystealth New Member

I was able to find a fix by installing ClockSync from the market
    It syncs your system time with the atomic time. Works well!

4. Nick D

Nick D New Member

You found a fix for the disorganized texts, or for the clock being 5 hours behind?

I just noticed the text problem in the last few days. If I get an incoming text in the same minute as the outgoing text it puts the incoming first. Very annoying if you miss the response sound as the incoming text may be off the screen already.

I was quite happy with the stock SMS until now. I'm wondering if there's a fix for the stock app, and also if the problem is still present when using something third-party like Handcent.

5. RobertBMcNeill

RobertBMcNeill New Member

clocksync says you need to root. i'm barely capable of turning the damned thing on - i don't know if i want to dive into mucking with it that deeply.
    any other ideas? or am i just going to have to geek-up and root it?

6. camsdroid

camsdroid Member

lol rooting it is really easy just check forums aand find one click root.

7. chandler583

chandler583 Member

My phone occasionally does that as well, I wasn't really sure what caused that. It also happened on my LG Xenon as well.