• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Text messages TB

high_t1de

Lurker
Apr 18, 2011
When I receive text messages from certain senders there is a red exclamation point to the right of the received message. This isnt a huge deal, but Im just curious as to what it could be.

Also, I want my phone to vibrate when I receive messages, but when it is set to do that it also makes my phone ring and vibrate. Is there any way to have my phone RING only, but still vibrate when i receive messages. Thanks for any input.

When I receive text messages from certain senders there is a red exclamation point to the right of the received message. This isnt a huge deal, but Im just curious as to what it could be.

Also, I want my phone to vibrate when I receive messages, but when it is set to do that it also makes my phone ring and vibrate. Is there any way to have my phone RING only, but still vibrate when i receive messages. Thanks for any input.

IIRC, that means that someone sent a message of high priority.

In order to change notifications you'll need to go into the (text) messages settings and set/change your received messages settings.

Reactions: high_t1de
Upvote 0
IIRC, that means that someone sent a message of high priority.

In order to change notifications you'll need to go into the (text) messages settings and set/change your received messages settings.

I dont have that option on my received messages...only sent. Thats ok. it must mean that someone else has their sent messages on high priority. Thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0
You can't set the priority on incoming messages. Kennected was instructing you on how to adjust your notifcations as requested in the OP. You need to adjust the notification settings in each app. In this case, set the messaging app to vibrate.

My post was to look at the setting in the actual text message app. On the EVO you can change the setting on sent, received messages, etc. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones