Text Messages Timing Off by 3 min (unique to one contact)

Last Updated:

1. knightt

knightt Member This Topic's Starter

So I have a very weird yet unique case with my stock text messaging app. Just this past weekend I started noticing that one of my contacts text messages were consistently showing up 3 minutes earlier from my text to them. So every time I send a text their response shows up above it which is very annoying. This case is only occurring for this contact, everyone else shows up just fine.

Now, this is what I have determined so far...

1) It's only happening when I receive a text from someone using a DROID on Verizon. I had a another friend who I had not recently text with sent me a text message to test my theory. The issue still occurs...

2) I had my sister who is on Verizon text me on her Blackberry Tour and the timing of her text shows up correctly. So it can't be the network right?

3) 3rd party apps (Handcent/ChompSMS) don't have this issue at all, the timing is perfect for everyone so my guess is that there is something wrong with the stock messaging app?

I have a whole bunch of other text from other contacts and I don't have this issue, it's just happening to the one contact that I have...actually, now two, which both have a DROID.

I may have to commit to using Handcent but I've been testing out the stock messaging app lately to evaluate the wake time after the firmware update and just noticed this problem occurring this past weekend only. I was using the stock messaging app even before this weekend and didn't notice this problem.

Any thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

Just use handcent, there always seems like people are having a problem with the stock app. I myself have never had that problem, although I don't know anyone that has a Droid.