• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

jpark8

Feb 10, 2012
Has anyone been having trouble sending video through a text.

I'm trying to send video via text message but I keep receiving an message size limit reached, unable to attach file

I don't have any messages stored so I'm not understanding how is this max reached

You cant send large video files over text message. There's a limit set by network(carrier) Your phone has nothing to do with it.

There are however a few things you can do. Send it over by email(gmail has 25MB limit), send it over skype or uploaded it on youtube set the video as private and share the link.

Upvote 0
You cant send large video files over text message. There's a limit set by network(carrier) Your phone has nothing to do with it.

There are however a few things you can do. Send it over by email(gmail has 25MB limit), send it over skype or uploaded it on youtube set the video as private and share the link.

Thanks for the info...

Can you give me a step by step on how about sharing it across skype

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones