• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help text messages

tracebloom

Lurker
Apr 17, 2015
Since updating my sony xperia z3 to the new lollipop, I'm having my sms messages show up in a box on my screen so everyone can see who they are from and the message itself. I use to have just a tone and a little box with a smiley face in it pop up in the notification bar, which was brill as until I opened my texts no one else could read them. Is there a way to get this back?

Hi Trace, try going into settings, then sound & notification, there should be a bit near the bottom "when phone is locked" and you can change it not to show any notifications on the lock screen but you should still get the pop ups in the notification bar like you were previously used to, hope this helps, only bad thing about it that it stops all notifications on your lock screen, there might be ones you don't mind showing up on it :(

Upvote 0
Hi Trace, try going into settings, then sound & notification, there should be a bit near the bottom "when phone is locked" and you can change it not to show any notifications on the lock screen but you should still get the pop ups in the notification bar like you were previously used to, hope this helps, only bad thing about it that it stops all notifications on your lock screen, there might be ones you don't mind showing up on it :(
Thank you so much, I'll give it a try

Upvote 0
Thank you so much for this info BigBrisy....it worked :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones