1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

text messaging issuesSupport

1. android8314

android8314 New Member

i am using an optimus elite on virgin mobile.

right now i have two texting issues. first, sometimes when i am texting, it hangs after an "a" and won't allow me to continue typing. it goes back to the previous screen and saves the draft. then, if i go back to it, it autocorrects in bizarre ways so that i can't continue word by word. if i start with "i", it autocorrects as a "_". it's very frustrating. the second issue is that my phone no longer shows when i have received a text. sometimes it buzzes. so far it hangs at “a” and “w” and does this messed up autocorrect even when i turn those settings off in keyboard.

i used to have go sms installed because it seemed to work better, but recently i uninstalled that because i thought there might be a clash with the programs that was causing these issues. apparently not.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Dark One

Dark One Well-Known Member Contributor

You could try switching keyboards. I'm using Swype beta and it works well, but there are a bunch of other good ones in the market.

You mean it doesn't show in the notification bar when you receive a text? There should be a setting for that, probably in the messaging app.
  3. android8314

android8314 New Member

thanks for the suggestion! i'll try the new keyboard. i just realized the issue is beyond text messaging. when i was searching play store, i had the same problem.
  4. ktb83

ktb83 Well-Known Member

I hate Swype. Maybe I just don't know how to use it correctly/proficiently.
  5. landonh12

landonh12 Well-Known Member

I use ICS keyboard. Its really nice, and I can see much more with suggestions off.