• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Text Messaging Problem

wyelkins

Android Expert
Jun 5, 2011
Savannah, GA
For some reason, I have been having problems with Texting Recently. Many times when I send a text I am told that it did not transmit. But, many of those times I find out that it did.

I use Handcent. This just started happening about a week ago. I don't change much stuff on my phone anymore because I like how it runs.. Until now.

Can this be a hardware problem? I have had this phone for 2 years.

Network problems? Who knows with Boost? I have not heard anyone else complain.

Software? I do install and uninstall apps or restore from Titanium but I have not messed with messaging since the last Handcent update.

I tried uninstalling Handcent and installing again from Play. Same thing.

I pride myself on having TB copies of all the apps I have used in 2 years, but I have been using Handcent almost from the beginning. I can't seem to find the one from Hroark13's CM7 to try going back to stock.

I will probably try restoring my Half Ass ROM backup and see how the messages work. But probably this weekend.

Not sure what is happening...

Have you tried Chompsms?

I think he wants a solution to why this is happening rather than change texting apps.
--------------------------------------------

As for the issue, it could be a network problem.
It has happened to me a few times.
Sometimes if they are updating or doing work on the towers in your area, this type of stuff can happen.

Upvote 0
I think he wants a solution to why this is happening rather than change texting apps.
--------------------------------------------

As for the issue, it could be a network problem.
It has happened to me a few times.
Sometimes if they are updating or doing work on the towers in your area, this type of stuff can happen.

Sometimes the solution is a different app. lol

I had a similar issues with Handcent back when I started using my Marquee. No solution was ever found as to why it wouldn't work properly when other users weren't having trouble with it. That's why I ended up switching to Chompsms. LOL :D One or two other users I know have had problems with Handcent too.

Just wanted to add that it had nothing to do with the network either. I've had my Marquee for
well over a year now and it still has problems when running Handcent.

Hey WY.... my reply to the email you sent me is the HTC One SV. I've got it, love it and development is coming along nicely. We're getting the Jelly Bean update probably tomorrow. We've also got CWM and just got touch TWRP 2 days ago! It's a helluva nice phone!:D;)

Reactions: wyelkins and MLSS
Upvote 0
Sometimes the solution is a different app. lol

I had a similar issues with Handcent back when I started using my Marquee. No solution was ever found as to why it wouldn't work properly when other users weren't having trouble with it. That's why I ended up switching to Chompsms. LOL :D One or two other users I know have had problems with Handcent too.

Just wanted to add that it had nothing to do with the network either. I've had my Marquee for
well over a year now and it still has problems when running Handcent.

Hey WY.... my reply to the email you sent me is the HTC One SV. I've got it, love it and development is coming along nicely. We're getting the Jelly Bean update probably tomorrow. We've also got CWM and just got touch TWRP 2 days ago! It's a helluva nice phone!:D;)

Thanks to everyone for the ideas. It turns out that both of you are probably right. I got fed up and went to Radio Shack per the sage advice of my Guru Wetbiker. I found out that there were two towers down in my area. It is very possible that Handcent was also having problems.

But, I already had my mind made up after asking Wet and I bought the HTC One SV last night. So far I love it but I got a lot of learnin to do.

I will still play with the Prevail and cruise this forum as I consider this place home.

Thanks again.

Reactions: wetbiker7
Upvote 0
That HTC One SV is pretty nice. I bought it for my wife around Christmas time through the Virgin website for only $100. For 1 Benny, you get a great looking phone with Beats Audio, a nice looking 5mp camera with flash, and I believe its 4GB of built in storage.

EDIT: I confused the SV for the V. My fault. What threw me off was the V in SV. Youd think HTC would of called it the HTC One B or HTC One SB. Im probably wrong but I always associate the V as meaning Virgin. I guess I get my nerd card revoked for a fortnight.

Upvote 0
Thanks to everyone for the ideas. It turns out that both of you are probably right. I got fed up and went to Radio Shack per the sage advice of my Guru Wetbiker. I found out that there were two towers down in my area. It is very possible that Handcent was also having problems.

But, I already had my mind made up after asking Wet and I bought the HTC One SV last night. So far I love it but I got a lot of learnin to do.

I will still play with the Prevail and cruise this forum as I consider this place home.

Thanks again.

WOOOOHOOOO!!! Welcome to the SV section Bro!!! I have a feeling that you're gonna like the phone a lot. We just got the JB release today. I just flashed Simon's rooted ROM and it's running great! :D

Reactions: wyelkins
Upvote 0
I already like it. Like I told you I called Radio Shack and raised hell today because my Voice/Text rarely works from inside my house but 30 feet from the front door it is fine. 3G has been fine and over all the phone is plenty fast.

Radio Shack claims that my recent phone and Text problem relates to, 2 new towers being built a few miles away. They say that at the end of July I will have, 4G. If that is true I can put up with it for a couple of weeks.

Great to be here and, once again, I owe you old buddy for the info on getting this thing rooted. I am not in a big hurry as I want to see how it runs out of the box. But I am going to be sure not to accept an OTA until I wax-on, wax-off. Or was that S-Off?

Upvote 0
Oops, Sorry! Forgot that I am in the Prevail Forum. I should not babble on about the new phone too much here. But it is pretty cool.

In Prevail related news. I swapped out SD cards, putting my 32GB in the HTC and a "Breaking Bad" 16GB in the Prevail with a bunch of Music and Videos. Makes a darn fine MP3 Player, Video Player, Calculator, etc., etc. Still a working phone if it was activated and Boost gets finished with these towers.

Upvote 0
I already like it. Like I told you I called Radio Shack and raised hell today because my Voice/Text rarely works from inside my house but 30 feet from the front door it is fine. 3G has been fine and over all the phone is plenty fast.

Radio Shack claims that my recent phone and Text problem relates to, 2 new towers being built a few miles away. They say that at the end of July I will have, 4G. If that is true I can put up with it for a couple of weeks.

Great to be here and, once again, I owe you old buddy for the info on getting this thing rooted. I am not in a big hurry as I want to see how it runs out of the box. But I am going to be sure not to accept an OTA until I wax-on, wax-off. Or was that S-Off?

Man, you'll REALLY be loving life once you get 4G. The speeds are crazy fast! I've seen some of the fellas speeds tests and theirs are faster than my cable modem!! LOL

HEY!!! Simon released his rooted Jelly Bean ROM today too. I'm already running it bro. IT'S NICE!!!!! :D Shinru says he's gonna start on his tweaked ROM now too. It's on bro!!! IT'S ONNNNN!!!!:D Come on CM10! Hopefully Simon will have us a beta soon. :p

Upvote 0
Man, you'll REALLY be loving life once you get 4G. The speeds are crazy fast! I've seen some of the fellas speeds tests and theirs are faster than my cable modem!! LOL

HEY!!! Simon released his rooted Jelly Bean ROM today too. I'm already running it bro. IT'S NICE!!!!! :D Shinru says he's gonna start on his tweaked ROM now too. It's on bro!!! IT'S ONNNNN!!!!:D Come on CM10! Hopefully Simon will have us a beta soon. :p

I do find it hard to believe that Poor old Garden City, GA is getting Boost 4G. But it will be awesome. I got this from Radio Shack but they should know. I think I will call Boost and inquire tomorrow. Sitting on my landlord's porch that is...

Upvote 0
Man, this signal problem got really acute yesterday. My Prevail is now a cool MP3 / Video player etc. so I can't speak on signal there but...

My HTC One SV had NO Phone or Text in my city yesterday after work. It worked fine in Savannah. I was pretty upset. I could not even call Boost.

I just woke up and it is working again. They had better get this working soon or I am going to have to switch to something else I do not want to do that especially if 4G is close.

I think I will call Radio Shack tomorrow. I have had a few total strangers approach me about how bad their Boost service is. Most are pretty upset. Boost should give credits.

Again, 3g has been working about the same as always.

Upvote 0
Man, this signal problem got really acute yesterday. My Prevail is now a cool MP3 / Video player etc. so I can't speak on signal there but...

My HTC One SV had NO Phone or Text in my city yesterday after work. It worked fine in Savannah. I was pretty upset. I could not even call Boost.

I just woke up and it is working again. They had better get this working soon or I am going to have to switch to something else I do not want to do that especially if 4G is close.

I think I will call Radio Shack tomorrow. I have had a few total strangers approach me about how bad their Boost service is. Most are pretty upset. Boost should give credits.

Again, 3g has been working about the same as always.

Signal out my way has actually started to get a little better. For some reason, I think it has something to do with the heat. Signal is better on cooler days. Really weird bro.

Upvote 0
Signal out my way has actually started to get a little better. For some reason, I think it has something to do with the heat. Signal is better on cooler days. Really weird bro.

I sure hope so. Man, my 3g signal is excellent in some parts of Savannah. Much better than home.

Phone and Text went out again not long after I made the last post...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones