Text Messaging QuestionGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Wolf Howl

Wolf Howl Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hello - newb here to this phone and forums. Tried searching for the answer and couldn't find it, but maybe I just used the wrong words?

Anyways, on every other phone I've ever had, text messaging had a regular group of folders such as Inbox, Sent, Deleted, Outbox, etc...I do not see this on my Eris. I can see the new ones of course but not sure where my sent items are (if anywhere?) and where my deleted items go (permanently deleted?).

I've had a couple of texts deleted that I needed later on but couldn't find so it's irritating enough to start searching for answers!

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. MOS95B

MOS95B Well-Known Member

Messages are sorted by username

3. Wolf Howl

Right, but when they are deleted where do they go? Are Sent messages saved anywhere else?

4. Solitary

Solitary Well-Known Member

just like on a normal phone, if you deleted the text there is no way of getting back those texts.( at least i dont think there is)

and no, your sent messages are sent by contacts..so when you go in the folder with the texts to a certain contact, you can see all texts you have ever sent or received from the person.

5. Wolf Howl

On my other phone (HTC Ozone) I would have deleted messages in a deleted folder and would need to periodically clean that out, sort of like a Windows Outlook inbox. Just making sure the same didn't exist on the Eris somewhere.

As far as the texts being on the contacts screen, that is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!!!!

6. Solitary

Solitary Well-Known Member

mm i dont think it saves deleted texts anywhere..i might be wrong though

7. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

No I don't think so.