• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Text Messaging Question

Wolf Howl

Jan 18, 2010
Hello - newb here to this phone and forums. Tried searching for the answer and couldn't find it, but maybe I just used the wrong words?

Anyways, on every other phone I've ever had, text messaging had a regular group of folders such as Inbox, Sent, Deleted, Outbox, etc...I do not see this on my Eris. I can see the new ones of course but not sure where my sent items are (if anywhere?) and where my deleted items go (permanently deleted?).

I've had a couple of texts deleted that I needed later on but couldn't find so it's irritating enough to start searching for answers!

Thanks in advance!

just like on a normal phone, if you deleted the text there is no way of getting back those texts.( at least i dont think there is)

and no, your sent messages are sent by contacts..so when you go in the folder with the texts to a certain contact, you can see all texts you have ever sent or received from the person.

On my other phone (HTC Ozone) I would have deleted messages in a deleted folder and would need to periodically clean that out, sort of like a Windows Outlook inbox. Just making sure the same didn't exist on the Eris somewhere.

As far as the texts being on the contacts screen, that is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones