Text Messaging SMS bug in Froyo 2.2?

Last Updated:

1. altjx

altjx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm trying to determine if this issue is just associated with Bugless Beast V0.1 FRF57 or if it's something in the 2.2 itself.

I got to about 300 text messages earlier, and got a message saying ".com.android.mms A large number of SMS messages are being sent. Select "ok" to continue or press "Cancel" to stop sending."

This pops up for every text message I send. Even when I clear my text messages, this comes up. I had to manually reboot my phone to clear that out. Not sure what was going on. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. altjx

Getting this message again. Got damnit.

3. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

Have you checked your account to see how many messages you have used? Perhaps there is some app which is sending messages without your knowledge.

4. altjx

Well once I reboot, the issue goes away

5. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

I would still check your text message usage either on verizon's website or with the My Verizon app. You should make sure you don't have some app sending tons of texts.

6. altjx

oh ok. thats very weird. damn. cant believe im the only person to experience this too.

7. riffdex

riffdex Well-Known Member

Yup you might want to look at your apps permissions and see what apps have the ability to send sms messages that don't seem like they should need to. And uninstall that app. Which just made me think of something that could be improved on Android OS. There really should be a way to sort applications by permissions. So if you want to display all apps that have sms permissions you could type that in and see what apps have that. I'm gonna go suggest that to google now o_O