Text Messaging & Trackball issuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. jonmchugh

jonmchugh Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've had my Eris for a good while now and just started to have some problems. The other night, I tried to flash a new rom and can't move my trackball in the Amon Recovery menu. I have read that on here and there are some other issues involving that.

Secondly, I was just using my phone today and noticed that when at my home screen, my phone would just slide to the left 2 screens. The trackball would move by itself. When I'm in my browser the trackball moves by itself also. It just scrolls down to the next link.

When I type my cursor jumps all over the place. If I leave the cursor sit for a couple seconds the cursor jumps to the left to the beginning of the message.

I am rooted usng Froyo 34 and updated on Android 2.2

thanks for the help!

Jon

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

The trackball moves?! - cool!! Can we get a video of that?? :)

I presume what's actually moving is the cursor, not the little wheel itself (of course we are coming up on Halloween, maybe the ghost of Eris' past is in your device)

If it only happens when plugged in, then it sounds like the same problem reported here http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/197811-crazy-cursor.html
    My answer remains the same. :)

In any case I'd guess that you're looking at getting a refurb to make this problem go away.

Good luck

3. jonmchugh

jonmchugh Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

no like when I go to type a text or email, if i just leave my phone for 2 seconds the text cursor will move to the left and jump around without me doing anything. It's soo dang annoying

4. Zerox8610

Zerox8610 Active Member

Yup you have the trackball bug. I've had it twice now. Only way to fix is to either open up ur phone.... I dont recommend that.... or call up verizon, unroot your phone prior to this. and have a new one shipped to you

5. IceAngel225

IceAngel225 New Member

#1) ok so theres 2 things weird with my phone and they just started today. you know how when you are are sending a text message and if you spell a word wrong, you can use the track ball to select the correct spelling? well for some reason the trackball will not let me select the new word i want to use, it will just scroll in the text message i am planning to send. the only way i can pick the correctly spelled word is with my thumb & not the trackball. help? :(

#2) after i am done typing up the message my phone, it will not let me send it unless i physically close the keyboard & press send. how come?

any helps or tips would greatly be appreciated! :)

6. CaptKimmie

CaptKimmie New Member

My phone was having the issue of screen moving all the way to left and staying, I didn't even consider it a trackball issue, I thought it was a touch sense problem, but verizon replaced the phone under warranty anyway.

7. john1923t

john1923t Member

I have had this same issue twice,and I talked to a rep. And had to replace the phone. . This is a inherent problem and it has to do with a part used in manufacturing that is sub standard. That is why some get the problem and some do not. It can actually over heat the phone.