Text messaging with Hero - New to smartphones

Last Updated:

1. Booleyhitt

Booleyhitt New Member This Topic's Starter

I've been with Sprint for a long time, but this is my first smart phone with them. On my old phone, I could set up separate folders for each person I text to. So, if that person sent me a text, it would show up in that particular person's folder. However, I can't seem to do that with the Hero. One of the people I text regularly hasn't received any of my messages. I found out that the text was being sent to my bank (my bank sends me an account balance daily). Her texts would show up under the bank's thread. I'd reply to her, but she never got them. However, the two people I text most do show up as a separate "folder" but everyone else gets put into a generic pile. So if I reply to that person's text, it may or may not be sent to that person. This could cause some very awkward situations. I have found that if I select the message, hit menu, then select "Send message to xxx" I can send the text and be pretty sure that the text goes to that person. But that adds extra time and extra steps. Is there a way to create folders for each person? I have the default MMS and Handcent. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

3. Booleyhitt

Booleyhitt New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the info! I have the BoA app installed as well, and it seems that app is causing all the grief.