Text messaging

Last Updated:

1. mroien

mroien Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I can't receive any text messages. I can send messages just fine, but when someone responds it does not come in. I was using handcent and uninstalled it to reinstall it and now I can't reinstall the application. Am using the default messager and still nothing. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. jwpilly

jwpilly Well-Known Member

Couple questions: Have you tried a soft reboot? Have you tried a hard reboot? Have you tried to reflash your rom? Have you tried to flash another rom? Okay, so its not a couple of questions, but try these options and see if you get any success. Also, are you using a task killer?

3. mroien

Yeah I have tried a soft reroot. And I can't get to my recovery screen as well. When I reboot to recovery mode it sits on the HTC screen forever and never goes to clockwork recovery. How do you do the hard reset again? I am also using takiller too.

Thanks

4. jwpilly

Ah yes, the task killer. The reason I asked if you were using a task killer is because what you described is a common symptom of using task killers. You don't need a task killer with this phone, it's not like a windows mobile machine. Uninstall the task killer, reboot your phone and see if that solves your problem.

Btw, if you are using Rom manager it should give you the option to flash the RA 1.6.2 recovery. Flash it and after you do so flash the clockwork recovery again and see if that fixes your recovery issues.

5. mroien

Could you send me the link where you get your ROMs. I can only find one for froyo.

6. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

You can find most roms right here on the android forums in the Sprint Hero All Things root section;)

7. mroien

Yeah I see those, but they only have the CD-6 and was wondering if there are others out their for our phone

8. jwpilly

here is a link to the nightly 2.2 builds. Make sure you also flash google shits or you won't have access to the market and all the other google apps.