Text MessagingSupport

Last Updated:

1. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey folks,

A few questions regarding text messaging with the X. I just got it the other day, so still tooling around menus and such, however.

Is there any way to change the color or get rid of the bubble look of the stock messaging app? I don't want to use Handcent or Chomp, so what are my options? (If any).

Also noticed on some but not all of the text messages I get, the CB# appears on each one. Now I saw the setting in messaging that you can disable that, but I think that is for my text messaging going out to the other person correct?

Is there any way to stop this from appearing in each text I receive? The weird thing is, it does not happen for all users in my contact list, just a few.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. savoxis

savoxis Well-Known Member Developer

The CB number it determined by the person sending the message, as of yet I cannot find a way to disable this on the receiving end.

As for the notification, I take it you mean the notification, you can alter this by applying a MM theme just to the MMS apk. That would do it, but you have to be rooted.

2horses likes this.
  3. Trooper

Thanks for your reply. I wonder if this is just a Motorola thing because my Droid Incredible did not have this behavior. If you find a way to get rid of it, please let me know.

Sorry I was not talking about notifications. Its been a long day for me, Im shot.

I was just speaking strictly about the text messaging itself. When I look at a "thread" of text messages, they all appear with yellow and gray bubble type look found in handcent etc. Is my phone not supposed to look like this stock? If so, how can I change this?

4. john_ecko

john_ecko Well-Known Member

That's the default look for it. I don't think you can change it.

5. Trooper

Thanks for your reply.

That's what I figured but wanted to ask. I wonder if I root if there is a way to change it?

6. buckguin

buckguin Well-Known Member

I know you said you don't want to use handcent but I really recommend it. I just got it a couple days ago and I'm really happy with it. You can change the color of everything. Its so customizable!

7. john_ecko

john_ecko Well-Known Member

No problem. I agree with buckguin, handcent is the way to go if you want customization. Plus, it's a lot faster to open and loads your contact pics instantly.

8. 2horses

2horses Well-Known Member

Did not know about the the setting for the callback number, I just checked and turned mine off. It does appear it is driven solely by the sender's phone, though.

9. Trooper

Thanks for the replies guys. I tried Handcent some months ago on my Incredible. I just did not care for it and it seemed buggy to me. That's why I want to stick with stock messaging, but was looking to see if the colors could be changed.

Maybe Froyo will bring something new. It changed things up a bit on the Incredible, maybe it will for us as well.

Thanks.