• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Text messaging

JSD_NJ

Sep 26, 2010
I have a bit of a dilliema when it comes to texting on this phone. I am coming from a BB curve.

I run a small business and I schedule my employees through text message. I do so 10+ employees at a time. The problem I have found with Handcent and Chomp, is that if I message 10 people "Work Thursday at 315" when they reply to confirm, it doesnt show my original message, so I have no idea what they are confirming because Im often sending out many different times to many different people.

Now, the stock messaging app DOES show my original message when they reply, but the sort order is all screwed up. Anyone know of a remedy to any of this?

Found an option in Handcent to split the threads, so that if you send multiple texts, when they respond, youll see your original message. :cool:

Sure wish Chomp had that option as I like their interface better.

Now my only complaint with Handcent is when selecting multiple people to message, it changes their name to all numbers in the recipients bar so that you no longer know who youre texting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones