1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Text messaging

1. raindrop

raindrop Member

Ok is there a way to change the color of the text messaging boxes? (mine is yellow) if that makes sense. I prefer a different color.

Advertisement
  2. jjhong

jjhong Member

I dont think you can by default but try handcentsms from the market, you can customize your sms in any way you want
    raindrop likes this.
  3. nitingmb612

nitingmb612 New Member

Once you delete a SMS/Test message from INBOX, does it go to DELETE BOX? In HTC Touch PRO 2, I could go to DELETE box and retrieve the deleted message. And, the other question is how long does the SMS/Text message stay in main IN BOX?
  4. br148210

br148210 New Member

The Touch Pro 2 was running Windows Mobile which did provide this feature, however no Android device I have seen has this capability. One recommendation I have is to use the application SMS Backup Restore found in the android market and is free. One nice feature is that you can back up your entire text history and schedule back ups. Since the files save to the SD card you can reload all your messages and archive and read them in Excel. This also allows you to free up space on your device if you have alot of text threads which can cause memory issues over time.

In regard to how long the phone will keep text messages in the inbox area. It will save your messages indefinitely. That's not taking into account software glitches etc. that's why I recommend the sms back up restore app. I see people at work all the time who say their phone power cycled and erased everything, or they have a memory low error since they have a thousand sms conversations with a thousand threads in each message. Phones do have a finite amount of memory and text messages do take up memory, that's why actively managing your texts are important. Hopefully this is helpful.
  5. 26kick

26kick Member

My XPRT has the ability to set a storage/message limit per conversation. The default is 200, which is where mine is.

Would this solve the problem you are referring to? This sounds like it could stop the phone from getting bogged down with indefinitely stored sms messages. Obviously this wouldn't help you if you had a software glitch though.

Thanks, I'm new to smartphones. ;)