• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help text messges wont send

natorade93

Aug 17, 2010
New York
i have a (sprint) cdma htc hero with google. i rooted my phone and now i do the 2.2 android nightlys every night. but for some reason my phone wont send text messages, it will here and there, but everytime i try sending a message thats over 160 characters that goes into the 2nd message it will just mess something up so that it will no longer send text messages at all. that one will fail and so will all after that. and i wont be able to send any from there out. anyone else having this problem? anything i can do about it?

Well since no one else has responded, I guess I will. I have not had that problem with the nightlys, but I don't write books disguised as texts. Try not sending texts that long or you could reset back to factory and re-flash the rom. You don't say what you did to try to fix the problem so I am just throwing stuff out there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones