text messing iconTips

1. teenateen

teenateen Member

What the Hay, I have been using handcent for text messing since I got my droid maxx. The handcent app has been foreclosing and freezing up so I deleted it and decided to use the manufacter text. mY problem is I dont have it. Nothing! My brother works for tmobile lookd at my phone and nothing. Where the hey could it be. How do I recieve texts. people are texting me and nothing. I was forced to redownload handcent to recieve texts again. Help me cause I no longer want to use handcent.

Advertisement
    :
  2. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Well-Known Member Developer

One question are.you root?
  3. teenateen

teenateen Member

Um sorry not sure what that means
  4. StarScream2109

Okay thats a no :D
  5. StarScream2109

Have you tried a hard.reset of the phone? Or using an update tool?
  6. Grey1001

Grey1001 Well-Known Member

You can also give this a try, may save you from having to re-setup your phone.

StarScream2109 likes this.
  7. StarScream2109

Please let us know if this works :)
  8. carracerz14

carracerz14 Well-Known Member

Not sure why wiping cache would fix this... And not sure why you don't have a text messaging app.
  9. teenateen

teenateen Member

Grey 1001 that did not work. I actually went into verizon the other day because of another problem and what you told me to do is what they did. I forgot to tell them about the orginal texting icon/feature.
  10. teenateen

teenateen Member

what is the update tool?
  11. teenateen

teenateen Member

also when i go into the settings then into manage all apps. texting icon is not there either. I looked for texting messing and even sms. none of them are there.
  12. StarScream2109

An update tool can restore your phone and check for updates try looking on the phones website for an update tool
  13. Helloneumann

Helloneumann Well-Known Member

Try going to system settings>apps swipe the top from running over to all and scrol down until you get to the apps towards the bottom that have been disabled. It should be there. That's where I found it after I uninstalled go SMS.
    MasterGadgets and teenateen like this.
  14. teenateen

teenateen Member

By golly helloneumann You found it! Thank you so much. That icon was hiding.
  15. teenateen

teenateen Member

Thanks everyone for your suggested help!
  16. Helloneumann

Helloneumann Well-Known Member

Your welcome, took me a while to find it when I uninstalled go SMS. I thought I lost it too.