Text Msg Timestamp When In Different Time Zone?

Last Updated:

1. April_Fool_79

April_Fool_79 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I live in Eastern Time Zone, and have traveled to Central Time Zone. The phone has updated with the correct time for where I am physically located, but when I send a text message to someone it shows Central Time as when it was sent, and their replies show Eastern Time Zone (which is where this particular person is located). This has completely jacked up my message threads. I'm completely stock, updated firmware / profile /PRL, tried soft and hard resets. This doesn't happen when I'm in Eastern and get a text message from someone that is in Central. Haven't received a message from someone else in Central since I got here, but if / when I do, I'll update if it affects that, too.

Anyone know what's up with this? Or is this one of those things we have to wait for 2.1 to (NEVER) be released to fix??

Advertisement
  2. RobAGD

RobAGD Well-Known Member

My personal guess would be your actual settings for location in the phone ?

-R

3. April_Fool_79

Do you mean what shows up on the weather widget I have? It's set for current location, and the Settings > My Location has all 3 checked (use wireless networks, location setting and enable GPS). If you meant Settings > Date & Time, it is set for Automatic.

It's happening for any text message I receive, regardless of where they are located. I have a friend on Pacific Time that just sent me a message, and it was stamped as Eastern Time. This is extremely annoying.

4. swoid

swoid Active Member

April,
    I just experienced exactly what you described while traveling from the east coast to central time zone earlier this week. If it isn't a "known" issue, it isn't getting fixed in 2.1.

5. April_Fool_79

Wonderful. So how do we make it a "known" issue? This is just getting to be stupid. Wonderful new phone, with stupid problems .... Almost making me wish I'd kept my Centro.