Text Notification plays an MP3 from my music library....Support

Last Updated:

1. Vicdude

Vicdude Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This sounds all well and good but I don't want it to!! :mad:

It doesn't matter what profile I have selected not that I have chosen which notification sound I want, it just starts playing a random song from my music collection.
    That in itself isn't so bad but what winds me up more than anything is that I have to interact with the phone to stop the tune from playing.

Anyone got any ideas as to what it could be.

It's on Orange running 2.1 and my ringtones etc are done through Zedge

Cheers :D

Advertisement
  2. Ceefax

Ceefax Well-Known Member

That's really odd!

Have you gone through messaging/settings/notifications and reset it to the sound you want? Also change it in standard phone settings too just incase.

Maybe it's a 'feature' of Zedge :p

Vicdude likes this.
  3. Vicdude

I reckon that could be it. I've only set it through the standard phone settings. I use Handcent, so I reckon that one of the messaging clients has randomly decided to fire up

Thanks for the heads up, I'll let you know how it turns out :D

4. Ceefax

Ceefax Well-Known Member

No worries, hope you can sort it.

5. willsob

willsob Member

Have you just put in a new memory card? Mine began to do this immediately after a card upgrade. Always the same song though, and it wasn't selected in the sms settings. Only a battery removal fixed it.
    Using Chomp sms BTW, and I've not got Zedge installed.
    2.1 T-Mobile Germany.

6. Vicdude

Hi Willsob, not a card issue no. Might take the battery out though....... :D

What part of Germany are you in dude?

7. DominoHop

DominoHop Well-Known Member

My Incredible is doing the same thing now. I also use zedge but cant find anything in zedge settings.

The thing is, it's not playing anything that I've downloaded from zedge. Only songs that I've added to my phone via my computers library. Any update on how to fix?

8. RobbM

RobbM Member

Mine does this when it cant send a message, the notification for when its retrying. pain in the arse! Im on froyo, with zedge no special SMS.

9. Vicdude

It has just stopped doing it :sus: Nothing I did I don't think.... The joys of Android :D

10. leeeroy

leeeroy Member

Android - fixes itself....mega phone eh?

sounds like you have it sorted but it could have been duplicate notifications from handcent and stock messages. handcent works ok on its own, but if you dont turn stock off then it can struggle

11. Vicdude

Hi Leeeeeeeeeroy :D

How do you turn the stock message client off? I must be blind or braindead today? It's for a different thing (The old 2 text notifications thing) but I just can't remeber or find or work out how to do it. OOPS!! :D

12. alornmage

alornmage New Member

I'm having a similar problem. Seems to happen via speaker, bluetooth, or headphones. Not all the time though... Phone can be in my pocket and I'm listening to an audiobook on Audible via bluetooth... Then I get a call. Audible pauses and I hear the custom ringtone for that person or custom text tone,etc. As soon as I close the screen audible starts backup but SO DOES the music player. (yes, this happens even if I'm not using Audible) It's playing through the ringtones I've put on my phone via the PC.. my entire ringtone list. I'll stop it this time in the middle of Ringtone A, and the next time it happens it picks up where it left off, then plays the next one, until I manually turn the music player off.

I'm running the Droid X on 2.1. Anyone else having this or have a workaround?

13. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

as a last resort, you could try going to settings/applications/manage applications/media/media storage, and click clear data. then reboot the phone.

but beware, this will cause the phone to forget all associated sounds, so you will need to re-apply your ringtones, notification sounds, alarm sounds etc in the respective menus and apps. It will also cause you media apps to have to rebuild their lists of your music.

you shouldnt lose any sounds from the phone though.

14. leeeroy

leeeroy Member

open the stock messaging app and go to settings, you can turn it off in there

15. whdr02

whdr02 New Member

I realize this thread is a bit old but it is the only thing I have found on this issue. I just upgraded my EVO to a 32GB card and I am having this issue. I am not using any custom notification apps. I also just loaded google music.

16. jimerson

jimerson Member

I have the same issue on a LG Nitro. I go to "settings" and can only find the ringtone I set (bird). Nothing about a song from my library!