1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Text notifications on lock screen ? (4.3)General

1. Gomjaba

Gomjaba Well-Known Member

What is the deal? How the hell do they work. Even with turned off multi widgets, they seem to activate when you try to swipe the notification (or click it). You can swipe them, click them and all that happens is the lock screen turns into 'widget mode' (can't explain really). Random bashing seems to take me to the text.

Anyone know how to work with them and how to go straight to the text from the lockscreen notification?

And yes I know you can use replacements.

Advertisement
  2. spatcher

spatcher Member

I am on ATT. When the text notice shows up on lock screen (I don't actually have it locked) tap the notice and a big dark grey box shows up on the lower part of screen. Swipe the big box sideways and it should take you to the text thread.
  3. Funderbolt

Funderbolt Well-Known Member

That's exactly how mine works, and I cannot see the message until after the swipe.
  4. spatcher

spatcher Member

To see a preview of the message when it arrives or the entire thing if it is short.

Messages>settings then scroll way down to notification settings and check the box Preview message
  5. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

The members above me have explained how it works. If you are using a different messaging app then you need to disable text notifications in the stock one in the settings, otherwise the messages from your stock messaging app will still show up there.
  6. Yumunum

Yumunum Member

I want to make this more accurate.

When you tap things on the lock screen a box appears. Swipe within the box as if you were normally unlocking your phone (swipe any direction). This brings you to the content you had tapped. For example, if you have a Google Now widget on your lock screen and you tap one of the cards, you swipe within the box that appears in order to be taken to the card. Or in this case, you tap the text message notification, swipe within the box, and then you're taken to the messaging app.
    Gomjaba likes this.