• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

text notifications

hey guys, I tried doing a search and didn't find anything, so hopefully you can help me out.
I am just wondering if there is a way to make a song on my Nexus S a text notification? I have figured out how to do it for ringtones, but the songs do not show up under notifications.

if this has indeed been asked before, please feel free to point me in the right direction!
thanks!

Try this. Start song then while playing hit menu then use as ringtone. Then look for it when you try to set notification. I am not familiar with your device, but this works on mine.
Also if you want faster and better help, please fill out your info in your profile. Just click on your user name to get there. Set up some favorites and it gives you a shortcut @ the homescreen to most visited and your posts.

Upvote 0
hey guys, I tried doing a search and didn't find anything, so hopefully you can help me out.
I am just wondering if there is a way to make a song on my Nexus S a text notification? I have figured out how to do it for ringtones, but the songs do not show up under notifications.

if this has indeed been asked before, please feel free to point me in the right direction!
thanks!
It's been asked lots of times, and a search should have found many posts about it. Here's a cut and paste from one of my many posts on the subject:

Create the following folders on the USB storage and put the MP3 you want for each inside the folder name:

media\audio\alarms
media\audio\notifications
media\audio\ringtones

Then unplug the phone from the computer, let it find the new folders (takes a few seconds) then just open the notification for each option and you will find the new sound listed and available for selection.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones