Text problems from android to iPhoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. bluemorpho

bluemorpho Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

It doesn't happen all the time, but there have been a few instaces where I send a text message to an iPhone user and they'll get a message that has weird characters and not the true message content.

The messages look something like this: ???!!//??!!, and the stranger thing is that even if it's a short message, the iPhone recipient will get three of these messages in a row with these same weird characters.

Has anyone else run into this issue? I am not sure if this is a problem with my phone, with the iphone or if it's an app causing this. [I am using the DroidX and I am on verizon].

Thank you!

Advertisement
  2. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

i have heard...

it was some font package on the iphone.. it dont play will with outside their walled garden.

if it only happens with your iphone friends.. then you know it is an iphone & android issue.

3. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member

I think it is potentially an iPhone issue, i know for some reason my friend on the Iphone 4 cant receive MMS when I send it too them.

4. bluemorpho

bluemorpho Member This Topic's Starter

Hmm, ok, so potentially an iPhone problem.

Well, it only happens occasionally, but it's still kind of hard to explain to an iPhone user that it's their phone and not mine. Oh well.

Thanks guys!