Text reply going to wrong contact!

Last Updated:

1. droidman40

droidman40 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I use Handcent SMS.
    In the last 2 days, I have had two instances where I have replied to a text message that I received and the text ended up getting sent to a different contact.
    Has anyone else had this problem?
    thx

Advertisement
  2. zandroid

zandroid Well-Known Member

What could be happening is what happens to me on occasion:

I'll open "Doug's" text thread to send him something, but Android actually opens "Mark's" thread, and without noticing, I bust out my text and send it out. Then when backing out to see all the texts, you notice the one meant for Doug is actually in Marks thread.

That has happened to me with and without Handcent. Now I constantly make sure I am sending to the correct person, because I don't trust it with this bug.

3. firecracker

firecracker Well-Known Member

I had this happen once with Handcent. Same time, two different messages. The weird part for me is that the messages actually showed in my conversation with a friend but they went to my girlfriend (who I was also having a conversation with at the time) The only reason I knew is because she asked me wtf I was talking about.

4. mikeg2716

mikeg2716 Member

I had the same exact problem while i had used handcent. I found out that if i would back out of the thread to one person and go into the other the problem never happened again. I no longer use handcent anymore because it became problematic and i noticed it was slowing my phone down and for some reason every once in a while handcent would just completely refuse to send a text message. then 30 minutes later it would finally tell me the message couldnt be sent. And another problem i came across before i removed it was if i were to shut off my phone to restart it. when it would turn back on handcent would randomly resend some of the texts that i had sent hours before hand.....

5. DasMuse

DasMuse Well-Known Member

thats why i dont use handscent... happened two times within the first day... so i switched to sms popup and hasn't happened in 7 months.