• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Has anyone figured out how to pick a custom ringer for SMS? I am using the default texting because all of the ones I downloaded on my bolt never worked. But I can't figure out how to change the ringtone from all of the default ones that come with the bolt. I have some downloaded from my computer that I can't figure out how to set it as it.

Has anyone figured out how to pick a custom ringer for SMS? I am using the default texting because all of the ones I downloaded on my bolt never worked. But I can't figure out how to change the ringtone from all of the default ones that come with the bolt. I have some downloaded from my computer that I can't figure out how to set it as it.

You can change your notification sounds in:
Menu -> Settings -> Sound -> Notification Sound

This will change your "default" notification sound. All applications that use your "default" tone, will use this.

If you want to change the notification sound for one particular application (SMS), open the SMS app, from the main screen of the SMS app, press:
Menu -> Settings and you should be able to change the tone away from the default sound.

EDIT:
After rereading your post, I think you're trying to use a sound file that you have placed on your phone. The stock sms app may not be able to do this. I use Handcent and it has this option. You may have to use an app link RingDroid to create a "ringtone" from your file.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones