text screen greyed out??????Support

Last Updated:

1. adybaby

adybaby Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone having issue where you try and type a text and the screen is greyed out??? so you cant type anything, so annoying.

Advertisement
  2. Slash3040

Slash3040 Well-Known Member

Yeah, this happened all the time on my Hero. Now the only time it happens is if I'm on the browser and I have it in landscape and hit the search button. But there's the occasional time where the text box will be gray, or in my case it will be white and it just doesn't type anyways. The only fix I found so far is just to hit back then home and go back to where you were typing. It's lame but at least it's not broken 100% of the time!

3. DC E1G

DC E1G Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've encountered this before. Oddly enough, sometimes it will even actually record the typing while the screen is grayed out. Hasn't happened to my recollection since the 2.2 update.

Backing out and trying again always fixes it.

4. mellowritz

mellowritz New Member

soooo annoying! happens all the time. im chatting, then when i try to reply, nothing is typing. sometimes the screen will be greyed out, sometimes not. it takes about 100x of pushing random keys before it fixes. it still happens after i rooted my phone. im guessing an app i have is conflicting with the typing. i don't know. it drives me insane. please somebody come up with a solution!