• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help text screen greyed out??????

Yeah, this happened all the time on my Hero. Now the only time it happens is if I'm on the browser and I have it in landscape and hit the search button. But there's the occasional time where the text box will be gray, or in my case it will be white and it just doesn't type anyways. The only fix I found so far is just to hit back then home and go back to where you were typing. It's lame but at least it's not broken 100% of the time!

Upvote 0
soooo annoying! happens all the time. im chatting, then when i try to reply, nothing is typing. sometimes the screen will be greyed out, sometimes not. it takes about 100x of pushing random keys before it fixes. it still happens after i rooted my phone. im guessing an app i have is conflicting with the typing. i don't know. it drives me insane. please somebody come up with a solution!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones