Text to Speech app to read aloud emails, websites, ebooks

1. Braaainz

Braaainz Well-Known Member

I'd like an app that could be EASILY used to read aloud ebook/text files off of the SD card, emails, websites, etc.

It should be able to select specific blocks of text or all text.

Advertisement
  2. vengeance_mj

vengeance_mj Member

Well, are you assuming that the ebooks would all be in English? If that is the case, then I think it would be possible to do some app like this
  3. stainlessray

stainlessray Well-Known Member

There are several apps in the market that will read you texts and emails. I use drivesafe.ly it was designed to do it while you drive, doesnt mean you have to be driving. it has a companion app that reads the name of the person calling you when they are in your contacts. (I'd like to see that include caller ID).

There are I believe, apps for handhelds that will read e-books as well. I don't readily have an example, but I'm sure I've seen them while perusing the apps stores.
  4. Braaainz

Well, I'd want English books, preferably read with the voice chosen in the text-to-speech settings.

I've seen apps that read sms, but not ones that will large text files like ebooks and I especially want the option for ebooks.
  5. gbswales

gbswales Active Member

Did you ever have any luck finding a text to speach app for ebooks - I would have thought it should be a basic accessibility function! (I am using Galaxy S2)
  6. androidforumsQuint

androidforumsQuint Active Member

And another year later ... I'm looking for the same thing. I want something to read an ebook out loud over my bluetooth headset while I'm working out.
  7. maskofwraith

maskofwraith New Member

are you sure , there is no app available like this in the market?

if there is none, then ill do it :)
  8. Braaainz

Well, there might be. PDF to Speech is the closest I've found, but it definitely isn't perfect.
  9. brettins

brettins New Member

PDF to Speech Pro ($3.50) seems to do all the stuff you're asking. Have you tried it out? If you have, what is it missing?