• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Text To Speech E-books

CriticalCritic

Android Expert
Nov 9, 2009
Cary, NC
Has anyone tried the app Wordplayer from the market? It's a pretty decent e-book reader with compatible (and pretty decent) TTS capabilities.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone could help me understand how to convert the ebooks and put them into a format that the TTS software could easily read from. As it is, the TTS starts reading my particular book at page 167 even though the .epub file appears complete if opened with any other software.

So if anyone could help me out, or point me in the direction of a better TTS reader, I would really appreciate it!

Still no one has a clue? Wow.

I think if I could just figure out what the best format for Wordplayer/Android is supposed to be, I could get Calibre (the text conversion software) to output something better. But I can't find one single resource on advanced use of Calibre!

Anyone know of a better (free) text conversion software? Or how to use Calibre in a more detailed way?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones