Text to Speech , Voices

Last Updated: 2010-07-02 19:12:00
  1. jruibarroso

jruibarroso New Member

Hi , i would like to know if anybody already changed installed voices on TTS.
    My Tattoo have English (US) , English (UK), French, Italian and Spanish languages for TTS but all woman voices . Any one know where can i get more voices ?

thank you all

Advertisement
  2. laney88

laney88 Active Member

BUMP.

I was about to ask the same question.

Are there any apps on the market that I can get to change the voice because this woman voice drives me and others mad lol.

I have a HTC Desire if that matters.

Thanks in advance
  3. itbedave

itbedave Well-Known Member

I'm surprised there aren't any alternatives available yet! Even my crappy VZ Navigator had about 6 different voices. If anyone is working on developing some, I would definitely prefer an English (UK) female voice...or perhaps C-3PO.
  4. bbrosen

bbrosen Well-Known Member

I am a beta tester for vlingo, and it has amazing tts voice quality for reading texts, im's and emails, with incredible clarity, and accuracy...it also translates my speech to text amazingly well...better than anything out there, if you are on 2.1, I am rooted hero 2.1, which our carrier is still 1.5, then go to the vlingo site and ask to be a beta tester..you will love this app.....to think it is only beta, is amazing
  5. itbedave

I'm beta testing Vlingo as well - but I didn't know you could use the voice say as the voice for Google Navigation? If so - can you please explain how?

BTW - LOVE Vlingo thus far!
  6. samuel.shawn

samuel.shawn Member

This is simply solved - Go to the section on your main screen where you see the current time displayed. This is called the ''System Tray'', all sorts of little icons are visible here, there is even a little arrow gadget which would normally point to the right if you have a lot of programs running to help you use windows. ''Left click'' the little arrow in a circle - This will expand the list to display more little icons, run the mouse slowly over the ''System tray'' in order to launch a pop-up window for each icon, once you reach the icon that says something like ''Text To Speech Tool'', ''Right-click'' it.
  7. itbedave

"System tray"? "run the mouse" over it? "Right-click" it? Huh?

I assume you are talking about changing to British English in the Text-to-Speech settings panel?

Yeah, I know I can do that. But a more British robotic female wasn't exactly what I was looking for. ;-)

BTW - it does sound much sexier in French.
  8. smooches680

smooches680 Member

I am a beta tester for the vlingo beta android i received the email tuesday to click on the application and to download. But it wont allow me to key in the activation code. It keeps bringing me to the paid version. WHat can i do to use it? i keep uninstalling and re-insalling and same old thing.
  9. itbedave

I noticed the same thing. I assumed that, to upgrade, we had to pay the full price and it was no longer in beta. But that is an assumption and I don't know the real story.