• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Text to voice to hear web page content

TKite

Lurker
Jan 8, 2010
I've seen a number of Text to Voice apps out on the market. I'm curious if there is one that will read web page content out loud.

For example: I find a great news article but want to hear it.... is there an app where I could point at a block of text on a web page and have it read out loud?

Similar to having a PDF read out loud.

I ride the bus/walk and prefer to listen rather than stare at my phone for long periods of time.

Audio podcasts via the Listen app are great... but this would provide even more content.

Did you ever hear back on this question? I am looking for the same thing! Thanks.

-C

I've seen a number of Text to Voice apps out on the market. I'm curious if there is one that will read web page content out loud.

For example: I find a great news article but want to hear it.... is there an app where I could point at a block of text on a web page and have it read out loud?

Similar to having a PDF read out loud.

I ride the bus/walk and prefer to listen rather than stare at my phone for long periods of time.

Audio podcasts via the Listen app are great... but this would provide even more content.

Upvote 0
There is a new app on the web store called Web Page Reader, and it works great!

You just long press the url to open the Share menu, and choose Web Page Reader, and it loads the page and it reads it to you! Works with all SVOX voices.

I've been looking for one of these forever, really like it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones