Text Tones for EACH contact

Last Updated:

1. Jragon16

Jragon16 Member This Topic's Starter

I've searched everywhere, and the threads that I find, on multiple sites, people ask this question and are given the obvious answer but yet doesnt answer the question. I know how to make a tone for all text messages. I want to be able to give each person their own text tone like I was able to on my Palm Centro. Is there an app for this?

Advertisement
    amandaramirez likes this.
  2. mrreach_69

mrreach_69 Member

You can do this on Handcent. When you have received a text from a contact, open the message and click the setting icon at the top. Setting the notification sound in this menu applies the sound to the individual contact only.

3. Jragon16

Thank you. My friend said SMS popup or wahtever, but that app sucks. I will try yours. Thank you so much

4. Jragon16

Oh., does that mean I have to keep them in my text msg box, or will the program remember the tone i assigned them

5. Jragon16

It does the same thing that SMS Popup does with the fact that I get now 2 text msgs, one from my phone and one from this program. Isnt there a way to just give people their own text tone without all the other glitter

6. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Just turn off the notification in the default SMS app. Then you just use handcent all the time :)

7. Jragon16

will it remember the tones i put for ppl or do i have to keep their messages to do so

8. Xyro

I'm not sure; I don't use custom notification tones. I would imagine it remembers though.

If it didn't you'd just have to keep a few texts for each contact all the time.

9. Jragon16

Ya that would suck. I think im going to have to learn how to root this thing cause there is just too much I want to do with it and too much crap that I Cant stand looking at. I constantly have to cancel my sprint tvn from running. I dont even use the crap

10. Xyro