• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Bump!

Someone, anyone!?!?!?

This is excatly what I'm having trouble with!

I want to personalize my phones "ring/text tone" I hate having the same tone for every notification, I'd like to have a different one for text and email!

Is there an app for this or how do I do it.

Thanks in advance!

Just create a folder on the root of your SD card called "Notifications" and move the tones you want to use into that folder. Next, go into your message app's settings and choose "notification sound" and the tones in the folder you created will show up as an option. Then you just set the tone you want to use for your text messages.

Is this what you're asking about?

Upvote 0
Download Handcent messenger. at the top of that persons thread there is a small settings button. you can change specific notification sounds, custom vibration pattern, and if they do not have verizon you can specify to slit after 160 characters so if sending a long message it wont say message cannot be sent. I have used handcent since i have been using android it has so many more features and things to customize than the stock app. also. note that you can set the main text notification(other than the specific ones you apply to individual people) in the handcent menu. the notification sound in the settings menu is the default for the phone as when you download something from certain apps once it is completed it notifies you WITH that default message sound. hope this helps!

Reactions: ashorty
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones