Text typing delaysSupport

1. NvrEnough

NvrEnough Well-Known Member

I have tried to make a couple post in the a couple different website forums and Im getting really bad lag when writing post.

Its like the letters are not keeping up with what im typing. Mucho mistakes while typing :(

This is not in gmail only the browser.

Advertisement
    :
  2. rhippler

rhippler Well-Known Member

And its not in every forum. This one seems particularly bad.
  3. gobluejd

gobluejd GOBLUE! VIP Member

Same here. It comes and goes. It is just like my incredible.
  4. james_bw

james_bw Active Member

You might try power cycling your device. But if it is a real issue Google will probably push a fix very soon!
  5. John566

John566 Active Member

I get this with both on screen and bluetooth keyboards.
  6. StreakTheQuad

StreakTheQuad Well-Known Member

Yes,I'm having the same problems

it seems silly to use the phandroid app on the xoom, but it works better on the forums!
  7. breitling65

breitling65 Member

Do you know why typing text on this forum is just painfully slow from xoom. It could be some scripts they are running on this site or browser issues but I could see delay by my eyes while typing. Is this same with bluetoth keyboard?
  8. ODog2323

ODog2323 Well-Known Member

I notice the same thing typing in this and other forums on my EVO. I was wondering if it's an Android thing somehow...like something in the way Android handles entering text in web fields. Used to be fine on my iPhone, and still is on the iPad...
  9. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

I dont know but I will report back Tuesday when mine arrives.
  10. xxspark89xx

xxspark89xx Member

Most likely a bug in the software. An update will definitely fix that. (Hopeful)
  11. Droid Ninja

Droid Ninja Well-Known Member

When you type in "new thread" or "new reply" it is disgustingly slow. When you type in "quick reply" it is a little better but still slow
  12. ODog2323

ODog2323 Well-Known Member

Maybe try an alt browser, if there's any working on Xoom yet...?
  13. papermonkey01

papermonkey01 Well-Known Member

I noticed that on my EVO yesterday. I closed the typing window and reopened it and it seemed to fix the problem. It was acting like the site was trying to run a script that got stuck.

EVO 4G, stock using Dolphin HD
  14. QuickDraw

QuickDraw Well-Known Member

I'm experiencing the same thing as well. I can be typing on Xoom and look up at the same time and letters/words are lagging way behind. This is much more noticable on the Xoom, but it also occurs on my Evo. A lot of times the advertizing banner gets in the way. Don't think that's supposed to be happening.
  15. John566

John566 Active Member

eBay forms are so bad you have wait quite a while to see the text show up.
  16. ocean1

ocean1 Well-Known Member

ITs soo anoying I dont use my Xoom for forums anymore. This is crazy Anyone know if there is a ticket on the Google fix area to fix this bug? Do they know about it I wonder?
  17. tjreishus

tjreishus Well-Known Member

I have the same issue on the this forum. For me its just this one though. All my other forums work fine.
  18. clb2196

clb2196 Well-Known Member

I have that problem in one forum. I use the app for this one, and have no problems. Are you using the app?
  19. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Well-Known Member

I think a lot of people use tapatalk for this reason.
  20. rjoudrey

Just tried tapatalk makes no sense.
  21. 3devious

3devious Well-Known Member

Thought that this forum does not support Tapatalk...
  22. rjoudrey

I guess doesen't.
  23. 3devious

3devious Well-Known Member

There was a really funny debate about that (Frisco would have teased me mercilessly for posting that.)