• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Text workaround for droid?

marvinrock

Nov 8, 2009
Hey everyone, I know this is my first post, and hopefully I don't get flamed for asking because this seems like a much kindler gentler forums than some others, so I'm trying here. I'm getting a droid on Valentines day (because that's when my AT&T contract is finally up!) and I'm still debating about the plan.

Most important question I have is this - I text alot - 1,000+ a month, so I obviously need unlimited texting, but considering I have seen semi-complicated ways to avoid getting a voice plan, I figure there would be an easy way to go without needing a text plan, since this is a smart phone and can do all kinds of cool stuff.

Secondly, there is an AWESOME ad on this site promoting a good introductory price on the droid - does anyone have it on good word that the price they have listed will be available until feb 14th? I mean, I've got the money now, just don't want to give AT&T an extra $175 to get my droid early, that would defeat the purpose.

Hopefully you guys can answer some questions for me! Look forward to being around this site much more!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones