Textbox escaping!

Last Updated:

1. rschauer

rschauer Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all; I'm new in these parts, so go easy if I've posted this in the wrong place.

I've had my Moto Droid for about two weeks now, and it's only little things like this that bother me about it. It involves notifications interrupting text entry.

I'm not sure if it's limited to the Market, but that's where I notice it the most, generally because I'll often start downloading an app and immediately go to search for another one. As I'm typing in my search terms, the download/install will complete. Android seems to want to make ABSOLUTELY sure that I know my download is finished, so the notification interrupts my typing. This wouldn't be as big a deal if it didn't clear out what I've already typed.

I don't want to get rid of the notifications all together, because it's nice to know if something is still downloading and/or when it finishes.

Fortunately, this isn't a HUGE deal, since it's not as though it's deleted a 3-page e-mail on me or anything, just a word or two. It is, however, incredibly annoying. Is there a setting somewhere that I've missed that will change this behavior, or perhaps an app that will modify it?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. rschauer

rschauer Member This Topic's Starter

After updates to Market as well as Android 2.1 OTA update, I'm still seeing this issue. Any ideas?