texting app issue

Last Updated:

1. boomblatty

boomblatty Member This Topic's Starter

For some reason, when I pull up a text conversation and start scrolling backwards through it, the screen ALWAYS jumps right back to the bottom again. It wont let me scroll back up long enough to select a particular message to delete. Now I do have a screen protector on it, however, it was put on as soon as I took it out of the box so Im pretty sure its not the screen or my touch. Anyone else having this issue? Another related one, is there any way to select multiple messages to delete?

Advertisement
  2. blueblur

blueblur Member

Might not be the best answer to your question but, I found the default messaging app to be cumbersome and I found Handcent SMS a much better application (and far less buggy!)... even has the iphone chat bubbles if you're migrating from an iphone like I was.

Try it out and ditch the app, might solve your problems!

3. boomblatty

boomblatty Member This Topic's Starter

I might just try that, but Im hoping to find a fix for the default app first. Talk about annoying! Its all but useless.

Also, Im curious...has anyone else ran into this same issue of not being able to scroll back up to the top?

4. Mekstar

Mekstar Active Member

Yes, same here. And, I do believe everyone else. Stock message app is balls. Handcent for sure my man..

As far as I know Handecent SMS (and many other apps), Are missing from view of the EVO in the market. So.. read this to D/L it. ;)
    http://www.androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/93616-how-download-handcent-sms.html#post882573

5. AlkiDweller

AlkiDweller Well-Known Member

Try Handcent. You'll never go back to stock. Remember to disable notifications in the stock app or you'll start getting two notifications.