• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
The problem with some of the more popular SMS app is they try to do too much when for some users all they wanted to do is just to SMS isn't it ?

Can you explain why a SMS app require Full Internet Access and all sorts of permissions including Read/Write systems logs etc etc.

I am a developer that believe in basics. An app should only require permission that is by functionality. And I am a believer of Simple is beautiful. Why complicate an app with so much features that may not even be used by the users?

The analogy is like M$ Office products are loaded with lots of features but truthfully does user use EVERY ONE OF THEM ?

Above is just my opinion and does not speak for everyone of cuz.

Upvote 0
The problem with some of the more popular SMS app is they try to do too much when for some users all they wanted to do is just to SMS isn't it ?

Can you explain why a SMS app require Full Internet Access and all sorts of permissions including Read/Write systems logs etc etc.

I am a developer that believe in basics. An app should only require permission that is by functionality. And I am a believer of Simple is beautiful. Why complicate an app with so much features that may not even be used by the users?

The analogy is like M$ Office products are loaded with lots of features but truthfully does user use EVERY ONE OF THEM ?

Above is just my opinion and does not speak for everyone of cuz.

Hmm, internet access is for MMS messages!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones