texting bugs- word deletes after pressing space & texting freezes while trying to type some wordsGeneral

1. krystelmae

krystelmae New Member

Hi all!

I've had my samsung galaxy for a little over 2 months now and these little texting issues have been bugging me. First of all, whenever I try and type the word, 'side' - they keyboard freezes up when I try and type the 'd'. Then, the phone freezes all together for like 2 seconds. I have no idea why it's only with the word, 'side'. I've tried it with other words that have similar spelling - ride, glide, hide - and all of the words give me no problems! After that happens, I delete the word [as well as the rest of the text] & try to type a new word. I type the word, press space and then the word I just typed gets deleted.

Lately this has been happening more often and whenever it does, I just exit the texting app for a bit and try again later. That method usually works but it's getting quite annoying!

Please help!! Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

I see this is your first post, so Welcome to Android Forums.:) I'm glad to see you found your way to your phone's forum.

Are you using the stock messaging app and the stock keyboard?
  3. landlocked

landlocked New Member

I am having the same issue and it's only with the word 'side' and it doesn't do it all the time. It is really irritating. I found this thread while searching for a solution.
  4. landlocked

landlocked New Member

And I don't have a texting app. I'm just using the standard messaging for texting. But it also happens when I am posting in Facebook.

Oh, I just saw that this was posted in the Galaxy S forum.. I have the Galaxy S II
  5. jirv

jirv New Member

I'm having the same texting issues in messaging and facebook also, help
  6. ldx

ldx New Member

Anyone come across a solution to this yet?
    Same problem. Galaxy S2 freezes when typing any word beginning with 'si...' in text messages, Facebook or viber.