Texting/Contacts all messed up...any suggestions?

Last Updated:

1. Berry2Droid

Berry2Droid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So i have my contacts in my phone, fine and dandy, when i first got my phone i accidently synched facebook contacts with my phone, meaning every person on my facebook with a phone # on their fb was imported into my phone, you know as well as i do, 90% of our fb friends arent phone contact friends, so i unsynched fb..now the issue im having is this. If i go into messaging, and in the To: feild i start to type a persons name in my contact to text them, for some people it doesnt show up, altho if u go into my contacts their name is clearly there. The other issue, is when i start to type names, it still brings up peoples names and numbers from FB altho their contact isnt saved in my phone..so everytime i wanna text someone i hasve to goto contacts, find them, clickhold and select text contact..kind of annoying for mass texts ect....any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. Arsonman

Arsonman Well-Known Member

Make sure in your contacts list that the phone numbers are set to Mobile, not home, work or what ever else there is listed there. Once they are set on mobile they should come up.

3. djaffinito

djaffinito Member

I had a similar issue. Edit the contact and make sure that the name is typed out there for given name or family name.

I did the same thing, and when I unsynced, it removed the names from there. Even though they still showed up with a name in the list, the name wasn't in either of those 2 fields. After adding it to the top one, I was able to see them in the To: thing for messaging.