Texting delayed?Support

Last Updated:

1. kbayer

kbayer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm using wifi at home, generally pretty fast. When I send a simple text message, an envelope appears with what looks like a small clock and a tiny window briefly appears that says "Unable to send, will send when service is available"... or something like that (it's brief).
    The message is usually sent within 2-3 minutes.
    What could be happening?

Advertisement
  2. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

How's your signal when wi-fi is off?

3. kbayer

Dead. Verizon's maps show stellar coverage in my area, but I get nothing. No phone, no internet. They've sent a tech out and confirmed, telling me that I can cancel. I'm within my 30 days, so still trying to decide... (Works great at my job about 20 minutes away. Hell, it even works great 3 houses down the street. We just happen to live in a black hole for some reason).
    In the meantime, I can use wifi at home for web and texting. The past few days, however, I get the little envelope and delay... see pic

Attached Files:

4. KeithG

KeithG Well-Known Member

SMS is transferred only on the cell network, and doesn't get sent/received via the wifi.

Your cell signal issues are the problem. In the picture you have a signal its just so low.. its not registering. If you have 0 signal (no voice/text coverage) you'll see the bar meter will have a little "x" in it.. saying your completely disconnected from verizons network.

Dead zones suck...

Hopefully there are other networks that work in your house... which you may be happier with.

Or you can live with it.. possibly buy a cell extender to increase signal in your house....

5. kbayer

Thank you Keith G!
    You just saved me a ton of time trying to get this figured out. You make good sense!
    Yes, dead zones suck. Verizon is discounting an extender by 50% to try to "save" me as a customer. A+ for their effort. I hope it helps...
    Now where can I send payment for your time?;)