1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Texting error from 9230, 2112 error?Support

1. Idleisaac

Idleisaac New Member

I'm getting a "You rced this message because you sent a text to a number without the area code or used an invalid short code msg 2114." text when I send a text to ANYONE in my contacts, it just started about 3 hours ago when I woke up.
    I've even tried texting though the default program, GoSMS, and a free-texting program called "HeyWire", and I still get the message. (I even tried texting my phone's number through HeyWire, still got the message)
    Things I have tried:

• Turning off phone, taking out battery for a few minutes then rebooting.
    • Turning off phone, taking out battery and SD card, putting them back in, rebooting.
    • Erased all of my text conversations.
    • Erased all Dialer & Dialer Storage data.
    • Backed up all of my contacts, then erased them from my phone, then tried texting one of them with just the number (No longer a contact)
    • Tried texting while on 3G/WiFi.

None of those worked, and I've tried each multiple times. I"m still able to connect to 3G/WiFi, but for some odd reason I can't connect to the internet with 3G,,,

Advertisement
    :
  2. Dracable

Dracable Well-Known Member Contributor

a quick google search gave me this. might be relevant. might be just a setting in ur sms program. also, have u just tried putting a 1 in front of the area code? give it a shot.
  3. varenHjames

varenHjames Well-Known Member

also, try taking out the sim....and leaving it out...or backing it up, formatting(or just erase, who knows) then trying? are you rooted? and if so, do you have any odd permissions that pop up?
  4. Jeni_James

Jeni_James Well-Known Member

VM just redid their ENTIRE system. Phone numbers NEED to be like this: (***)***-**** or they WONT work.
  5. Moth Speck

Moth Speck New Member

All my phone numbers are just like that, and I still cant send or receive texts. And it seems VM is STILL updatng their system....for TWO weeks or more now.:mad:

Is it likely this text problem is related to this update?
  6. Jeni_James

Jeni_James Well-Known Member

Call them...