Texting From A Computer

Last Updated:

1. RJT185

RJT185 VIP Member VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Hey Folks!

Just wanted to see what all yinz Droid 2 users think on texting from one's computer. I have tried:

*Remote SMS
    *Remote Web Desktop
    *EasySMS
    *PDA Net SMS Client

I like Remote Web Desktop's UI the best, but there's a definite lag between the phone getting/sending SMS and it registering on the computer. Both Remote SMS and EasySMS were simple to setup and use but the messages in the threads don't show in propper order for me no matter what I've tried. Lastly PDANet does show it in order but it intercepts the SMS's so all of the sent ones don't save on the phone only the received ones.

Anyone else have any other suggestions? Also if you use EasySMS or Remote SMS how did you change the settings/setup so that the threads show the messages in the correct order.

Thanks Yinz!!!

Advertisement
  2. rpack

rpack Active Member

I used to like EasySMS, but I couldn't stand how it wasn't in order after the last update. Now I use Texdro. It's pretty cool. It's kind of set up like instant messaging. You install the app on your phone, and a desktop program. Pretty simple set up. It will let you import your contacts from email, or phone. When you get a text, the notification is similar to IMing. And it even lets you turn the notifications off your phone so you don't hear it twice. There are some cool features when you buy the paid version too. This app rocks! I use it all the time at work. Makes me look more productive. LOL But I also noticed that my battery lasts way longer since the display on my phone isn't draining the battery. There is a little lag when sending, but it doesn't bother me too much.

Texdro crackedsun

RJT185 and Frisco like this.
  3. RJT185

Thanks rpack. I'll give texdro a try! I started using SMS2PC which is paid-only but have a few more hours for the refund so if Texdro is better I'll switch.

4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Adding my thanks to you, rpack. That is a great app (in the Pro mode, especially).

5. rpack

rpack Active Member

You guys are welcome! =)

What I like about the pro version is that it let's you use the enter button to send. It gives you more of that instant messaging feel. It doesn't seem like it would be a big deal, but it totally makes a difference. I can't wait to see what else the developer comes up with!

6. RJT185

Got Pro, but the file didn't work, it loops into asking for permissions over and over. I put in a ticket, hopefully they'll help me out soon. I don't have WiFi at work, so I really want to be able to connect via USB.

7. Kentthegreet

Kentthegreet Member

Thanks, Rpack. The free apps version uses WiFi only. The USB/bluetooth is only for Pro version which is paid...

I will try RJT185 suggestions... Will update you later...

Thanks.

8. RJT185

Love Love Love Texdro, btw.

9. allyouhave

allyouhave New Member

I just use Google Voice. It gives you a different telephone number, but there's a nice app for it to forward messages to your phone (or not, if you so choose). I actually had been using Google Voice as a replacement for my broken phone for six months before I picked up my Droid 2 haha.

10. loomer

loomer Well-Known Member

I 2nd this.