texting issueSupport

Last Updated:

1. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

having an issue where if the phone is not in lanscape mode it wont recognize my touch. if i get a text and leave the phone upright i cant click the enter message box and the send button is faded. but as soon as i flip the phone into landscape mode it lets me enter a message and send it. anyone else have an issue like this? is there a setting im missing?

Advertisement
  2. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

Hmm i dont have that problem here. Have you installed any third party keyboards or messaging apps?

3. BiGMERF

sms popup. no keyboard.. my mytouch never had an issue

4. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

wierd. I guess wait to see if others have the issue so you can narrow it down. Otherwise the usual applies - remove apps, factory reset blah blah

I'm sure you know that already lol.

5. BiGMERF

yea,, grrrr, i just got the damm thing today.. lol

6. BiGMERF

also when i goto contacts and pull someone up it only gives me the option to call mobile. there is no mms option

7. daffyduck

daffyduck Well-Known Member

Unless your contact has only one phone number total, you should get the option to dial one of several.......

My advice - check that the phone has got the latest update (if not, do the forced update - I did, it is easy) & then do a factory reset. The good news is that all your apps will be backed up by Google (if you chose that option during the initial set up) and will all be reinstalled back during the reset process (hallelujah for this functionality!!!!).

I did a factory reset at the weekend after having GPS malfunction issues caused probably by an app I downloaded and the whole process was much improved.