Texting issue?Support

1. wildozer

wildozer Member

So ive had my galaxy s 2 since it came out and its been running smooth, but every now and then when im texting someone i dont get a reply back from them. Sometimes i think they forget, but i ask them if they sent a text and they say yeah. Also i had a issue where my friend tried calling me and sending texts, but i never received any notifications about it. She said when she called me instead of ringing it said that i was currently unavailable. Does this have anything to do with the phone or the network im kinda curious cuz i gotta get my game on :p

Advertisement
  2. Oldschoolwax

Oldschoolwax Well-Known Member

It sounds like it could be network issues. I had similar problems with a girl (on the same network) who claims to have sent me several texts. And it was a situation where I was helping her with artwork for her thesis show, so she had no reason to lie about it. However, phone calls between us always seemed to work (though calls are a rarity). I have had situations where the GS2 has shown signal but also "searching", had to reboot the phone to get it working again (no incoming or outgoing calls or texts). So keep an eye on it to make sure it's really "on" the network. Has the phone been rooted? If it's stock the "searching" should be on the lock screen when you tap the power button to wake the screen. Good luck, let us know how it works out. If you keep having the problem, call up and try and get it replaced, just in case.
    wildozer likes this.
  3. wildozer

wildozer Member

Yeah I recently rooted it with Juggernut, but I think I've been having this problem before that can't be exactly sure. Also i have the box that boosts single in the house from T-Mobile, possibly it could be that?
  4. Oldschoolwax

It could be... I've been in areas where there was lot's of com signals and stray electrical and had problems before. Is it usually happening in the same location, where you have the signal booster?
  5. wildozer

wildozer Member

Its located in in my main family room which is on the middle floor and another on the first floor.
  6. Oldschoolwax

I'm sorry I wrote that poorly. I mean have you had issues with the texting outside of the home, in areas where you have good signal.
  7. wildozer

wildozer Member

hah np, naw i don't its probably just my house. Or well maybe sometimes im not exactly sure id have to test it out. So far at school i had no problem.