Texting IssuesSupport

Last Updated: 2010-10-24 17:52:42
  1. cmajpwc

cmajpwc Well-Known Member

So, this past week my phone has just decided to start causing me problems after a good 7 months without any problems at all. A little bakground information first:

My phone won't receive text messages from what seems like random people at random times. The only thing I could think of was that it might be a sync issue, where its constantly trying to sync and therefore connected to the network all the time so it couldn't receive a text. But its not, the battery life was great and none of the accounts said it was syncing. It would receive texts after I turned off and reset it, but I would never get the texts from before I reset the phone.

So, after a week of shutting my phone off every 12 hours it seemed, I called Verizon to make sure it wasn't something with their network. As I expected, they told me to do a factory reset, and the problem seems to have stopped. It's been 2 days and I haven't missed receiving one text message. I know I've read about people having this problem on here, and I'm curious of two things: should I expect it to come back? And if so, roughly how long will it take to start screwing up again? I actually still like my Eris, specifically this one, and I don't wanna have to get another one because of the horror stories of refurbs.

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

There is a good chance that you didn't need to do a factory data reset.

Going into menu > settings > applications > manage applications and then to the messaging app(s) you use and clearing cache and data then rebooting could have remedied the issue.

Too late now, but it'll be handy for you to know if the problems arise again.
    cmajpwc likes this.
  3. cmajpwc

cmajpwc Well-Known Member

Oh, well I didn't realize that. Thanks, Frisco! I don't think I've ever cleared the cache or data from my messaging app.
  4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

You're welcome. If you ever have to do that, be sure that you have sync enabled for contacts; you'll have to reconfigure the app of course. ;)