• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Texting Issues

Parikh

Lurker
Mar 25, 2011
I've been having a problem occasionally texting one friend and I really want to know what the issue is.

Basically, when I send a text, occasionally the words I send will be different from what she receives, and what she receives is usually random words I've said in the past.
For example:
I send: "the weather is really nice outside. I think its about to reach the 80's next week."
She gets: "the weather is really nice outside. I had pizza for dinner."
This is assuming that in the past, sometimes almost 5 or 6 months ago, I have texted those exact words "I had pizza for dinner" to her.
We both have t-mobile, and I have the galaxy s4 while she has the nexus 4. I use go sms for texting while she uses the default app. She never clears her texting threads so the past words are still in the thread which is likely over 1000 texts long.

i'm not sure if the issue is with the carrier as in t-mobile or with the phones or the messaging apps. any ideas?

Problem is she is using a 3rd party app so it could be the app. I wouldn't know for sure. GO SMS is a very good messaging app but each phone is different so who knows what is causing the issue. It could be system, it could be the phone, it could be something else. It could be her friend's phone?

Have you cleared cache in your app? How frequent or infrequent is the issue?

Upvote 0
Yes I have cleared cache frequently, and this issue has only happened 3 or 4 times so it isn't that big of a deal, its more just my curiosity.
How can my phone send exact words from previous texts that aren't weren't even sent with that phone? Or how can her phone just change the words from my text to words from a previous text.

Upvote 0
I've been having a problem occasionally texting one friend and I really want to know what the issue is.

Basically, when I send a text, occasionally the words I send will be different from what she receives, and what she receives is usually random words I've said in the past.

That's not a flaw - that's a feature! Do you have any idea how many relationships I would still be in if I could claim this?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones