Texting Layout IssuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. kmC

kmC New Member This Topic's Starter

What's up, I just bought a Samsung Galaxy S Captivate and am super impressed with it. However, there are a couple issues that are really annoying me and they all seem to revolve around the text messaging of the phone. When I send and receive messages it doesn't place the incoming and outgoing messages in a conversation like layout. It places the messages in a line. I'll just show an example between person X and person Y.

X
    X
    X
    X
    Y
    Y
    Y

Instead of like
    X
    Y
    X
    Y etc.

Is there a setting I need to change or what's going on? Nobody else's phone does this so I am confused.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Advertisement
  2. Cridwilr

Cridwilr New Member

I am also having this ... anoyance

and since no one replyed to the OP

BUMP

if its been addressed elsewhere, then please pm me the link, or post it... ill keep searching cause scrooling up through 50 of my messages to see the latest message from my girl only to scroll down through 50 again when i post a reply, is anoying..

surely there must be a fix

i will get back to searching now

3. Abby6497

Abby6497 Active Member

Mine does this too. But what i noticed is that it only does it if me and the person i am talking to sends a message in the same minute. I also noticed sometimes my phone will say that someone sent a message at like 9:15 but its only 9:13. weird

4. turboturban

turboturban New Member

I know this thread has been bumped but can somebody please redirect me to whatever thread has fixed this or a solve?

Thanks!

5. HoFun

HoFun Member

Me too its REALLY making me mad. I asked Samung they said it was a "default" layout and you cant change it. Hope someone one can find a way to change it.